What’s a file request and why was I sent one?
If you received a file request it means that we would like to collect files from you. To send a file through file requests, you don’t need to sign up for a Dropbox account. If you already use Dropbox, you can easily upload files from your account while keeping the original files safe in your Dropbox.
To send files through a file request:
- Find the file request invitation in your inbox and click the Upload files to… button.
- In the browser window that loads, click Choose from computer or Choose from Dropbox to upload a file. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file(s) you’d like to upload directly into your browser window.
- If you have more files to upload, click +Add another file.
- Once you have all the files you want to upload, you may be prompted to enter your first name, last name, and email address so that the file collector can identify your files.
- Click Upload.
Note: You can add more files at any time by clicking the file request invitation for as long as the file request is open. You will not be able to access files that you already uploaded.
- A green check mark means that you’ve successfully uploaded your files to the file request.