Here’s our summary of other announcements that affect businesses and individuals:
- legislation will be passed to allow devolution of income tax in Wales to be passed without a referendum
- reforms to the compensation culture around minor motor accidents will be brought forward. The government expects the motor insurance industry to pass savings from providing motor insurance on to customers. This could mean an average annual saving of £40-50 on insurance.
- direct funding for student nurses will be replaced with loans for new students.
- part-time students will be able to receive maintenance loans.
- all postgraduates and individuals studying higher skills in further education will be able to get tuition fee loans.