Is ABK right for me?
ABK Accountancy is tailored specifically for freelancers, contractors and small businesses operating their own limited companies.
We are the perfect solution for the majority of businesses – however there are certain conditions your business must fulfil in order to correctly use our software. If you are unsure, get in touch with our team of Advisors. If we’re not a perfect fit, we’ll happily recommend a partner firm that can better take care of your business.
Directors & staff
- Directors who are not UK citizens must live in the UK
- Directors living outside the UK must be UK citizens and already have:
- Their own limited company
- A UK business address
- A UK business bank account
- The company must employ no more than ten staff (including directors). If you should grow too large for ABK after signing up, we can arrange hand-over to a partner firm.
Shares & shareholders
- No more than four shareholders
- All shareholders must be individuals, not a company or other organisation
- All shares must be “Ordinary” or “Other” shares – ABK does not support multiple share classes
- Taxable profits must be less than £300,000 per year
- Standard or flat rate VAT schemes only
- Quarterly VAT Returns only
- Retail (high-street shops, online stores etc.)
- Investors and investment companies
- Contractors on the CIS scheme