The deadline for submitting your self-assessment paper tax return is midnight 31 October 2016.
Those choosing to file a paper tax return must fill in form SA100.
Before you start you should make sure you have the following information (as well as basic personal information like your national insurance number):
- P60 end of year certificates
- P11D expenses or benefits forms
- P45 if you have left employment
- Personal pension information
- Bank statements
- Information on any dividends or investments.
Individuals who do not have tax usually deducted from their wages, pensions and savings, as well as those with other sources of income, will usually have to fill out a tax return.
If you need to submit a return on behalf of business partnership or non-resident company or as a trustee, you will need the following forms:
- Non-resident companies: SA700
- Partnerships: SA800
- Trust and estate: SA900
- Trustees of a registered pension scheme: SA970.
- Those who submit their tax return online have until midnight 31 January 2017.